Thursday, July 9, 2015

See Me Exposure Award 2015

See|Me Exposure Award 2015: Finalist!


Earlier this year I entered the annual See|Me Exposure Award, and I did it on a whim. I never planned or intended to enter, but I had an image that I thought was excellent, and then I received an email about the competition and thought "Why not?".

So I submitted and forgot all about it.




Next thing I know I have an email saying it has been selected as a finalist in the "Black & White Collection" and will be displayed in The Louvre, Paris.

Now I am quite cynical so didn't take this on face value. In fact I emailed back and asked if they were telling me that my art would DEFINITELY be on display in this world renown art gallery. Back came the reply "Yes, and you will receive certification to this effect".

That was it! I told my family, who were thrilled for me! My partner said we should have a copy printed and display it. So we did.

People who have seen it have asked if I am going to sell prints. After some thought I decided to have a Limited Edition print run of 150.

75 Small
70 Medium
5 Large.

People started pre-ordering before I had my meeting with my printers.

I have always believed that art should be shared, and that everyone should have the opportunity to own their own piece of art. That is why the prints start at £70. All prints are mounted, but not framed. Each is signed by me, numbered, certified by the printers as a genuine of the print run and was displayed in The Louvre on 13th July 2015 as a finalist in the See|Me Exposure Award 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment